The Recreation & Parks Department is affiliated with the following professional organizations:
* For more than 50 years, the New Hampshire Recreation and Park Association has promoted and advocated the development and administration of recreation and park services, without discrimination, by means of educational seminars, meetings, conferences, and worked to improve recreation and park activities in New Hampshire.
* NRPA’s mission is to advance parks, recreation, and environmental conservation efforts that enhance the quality of life for all people.
* The mission of the Office of Recreation and Resource Services - www.nhstateparks.org - is to protect and preserve recreation, historic, scenic and natural areas of the state, to continually provide such additional park areas and facilities, to make these accessible to the public for recreational, educational, scientific and other uses consistent with their protection and preservation, and to encourage and support tourism and related economic activities within the state.
* The American Camp Association (formerly known as the American Camping Association) is a community of camp professionals who, for 100 years, have joined together to share our knowledge and experience and to ensure the quality of camp programs.
* "ASEP is committed to improving amateur sport by encouraging coaches, officials, administrators, parents, and athletes to embrace the 'athletes first, winning second' philosophy and by providing the education to put the philosophy to work."
The National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) is America's leading advocate for positive and safe sports and activities for children.
* The Tree City USA® program, sponsored by the Arbor Day Foundation in cooperation with the USDA Forest Service and the
National Association of State Foresters, provides direction, technical assistance, public attention, and national recognition for urban
and community forestry programs in thousands of towns and cities that more than 135 million Americans call home.
Upper Valley Trails Alliance (UVTA)
* The Upper Valley Trails Alliance advocates for the use, maintenance and development of trails in the region.
* The International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit educational association whose mission is to create, enhance and preserve great mountain biking experiences.
Coordinated Approach to Child Health (CATCH Kids Club) *Interested in training (Lebanon Recreation & Parks staff can train your staff).
* CATCH Kids Club (CKC) is an evidenced-based after-school, summer, and community recreation program designed to promote healthy physical activity and eating behaviors in elementary school-age children. Research by the University of Texas showed that CATCH Kids Club can significantly increase moderate to vigorous physical activity in elementary school aged children.
Children & Nature Network (C&NN)
* The Children & Nature Network is leading a movement to connect all children, their families and communities to nature through innovative ideas, evidence-based resources and tools, broad-based collaboration and support of grassroots leadership.
* NH Children in Nature wants get as many kids and families outdoors as often as possible, and the benefits can be huge.
AMC - Youth Opportunities Program (AMC-YOP)
* The mission of the AMC’s Youth Opportunities Program (YOP) is to make the outdoors accessible and meaningful to urban and at-risk youth.